Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Fruit Harvest Salad

Do you like my sideways salad? The photo is oriented correctly in my files, but when I upload it, it rotates. I don't know how to change it on the blog!

Oh well, the recipe is good, no matter how the picture looks. I'm using fresh fruit from my raspberry bushes and from my Bountiful Basket. If you don't know about these wonderful co-op baskets, check it out at www.bountifulbaskets.org

Here's the salad recipe. Make the quantities that are right for you and the crew you are feeding.

Fill a bowl with leafy greens. I used romaine. Top with sliced peaches, pears, apples, plums, or whatever fresh fruit you have. Drizzle with raspberry kefir dressing and garnish with dried cranberries, or cherries.

RASPBERRY KEFIR DRESSING
1/2 c. kefir or plain yogurt
1/2 c. fresh or frozen raspberries or other berries
Blend until smooth

To your health and happiness,
Hailey

No comments:

Post a Comment