Monday, August 8, 2011

Green Bean Festival


The farmer's markets and the gardens are sporting green beans now, at least in Idaho. I thought it would be fun to share my latest creation with you! But I have to confess, it looked so yummy, I ate part of it before I remembered to take a picture for the blog. (hee hee)

The recipe is simple. I won't specify amounts because the quantity you make will depend on how many beans you have and how many mouths you are feeding.

Steam or saute your green beans in coconut oil with a little garlic or onion if you like. Scoop onto cooked brown rice or millet or barley. Add some julienned sundried tomatoes and some soaked nuts (I like walnuts for this recipe.) Season to taste. Bon appetite!

To your health and happiness,
Hailey

No comments:

Post a Comment